MARIGOLD Ajrak Hand Block Printed Kantha Quilt
DescriptionDesign: Distinguished by its color- blue with red — and its complex geometric & floral patterns this Ajrak will surely be much loved....
- Sold By: TheHomeDream
- Product Sku:
- Categories Kantha Quilts
- Type: Kantha Quilts
Design: Distinguished by its color- blue with red — and its complex geometric & floral patterns this Ajrak will surely be much loved. It’s name is derived from ‘azarak’, ‘blue’ in Arabic & Persian. Traditionally, Ajrak is the name of a block printed cloth with deep crimson red and indigo blue background, bearing symmetrical patterns with interspersed unprinted sparkling white motifs.
The Ajrak makers believe that the printed fabric has warm and cool colours which steady the body temperature… blue is cooling and red is warm.
The quilt comprises of 2 layers of soft cotton fabric, hand block printed by skilled artisans from India and hand stitched characteristic of the age old Kantha technique.
Craft: Ajrak is a block-printed textile that is resist-dyed using natural dyes. including indigo and madder. It takes skill & patience to make Ajrak. The Ajrak pattern is a labor intensive process, since There are between 14–16 different stages of dyeing & printing, which take 14–21 days to complete. The resulting cloth is soft against the skin and jewel-like in appearance, pleasing to touch & appealing to the the eye.
Material: Premium Cotton Fabric
Size (in cm): 220 x 270
Care instructions: This product can be washed in the washing machine on a gentle cold cycle. Wash Separately. No bleach or bleach additives. Line dry in shade.
- The colour of the actual items may slightly differ from the listing picture due to limitations in photography and the inevitable differences in monitor settings.
- Please allow slight deviation for the measurement data.
- Import duties, taxes and charges are buyer’s responsibility.
- 30 days money back return policy
- Item must be returned in its original and unused condition
- Customer to pay for the return shipment